Monday 27 April 2015

Power and Running log for Monday, April 27th

Well running is still out of the question.  I lasted 6 and bit minutes before my right calf started to hurt. Better than the 3 minutes from last week, but still not good.

Started with 5 rep max deadlift, since that's what they did this morning.  Made 315# which is 85% of max.  Happy with that.

Then I tried to run, having used the foam roller on the calves before the dead lifts and the first 3 minutes feeling good, if a bit tight in that one spot. But just after 6:15 it went downhill really fast and I bailed, in pain.

They did Isabel this morning (30 snatches for time), but after the deadlifts I didn't want to be pulling that many times. So I stretched for a bit then decided to do some jerks off the rack. 
95# for warm up, 135# for 2, 155# for 2, 185# for a single, and 205# for a single.

This one went up first try, unlike last time.  I was all set up to go for 215#, but then figured I might be going to Olympic Lifting class this evening, so I better not push it.

Steam room to stretch my calf, shower and gone.  Not too bad, despite the running issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment