Wednesday 29 April 2015

Crossfit log for Wednesday, April 29th

I couldn't justify not going again today.  So I crawled out of bed ready to face the music.

But man, that was no fun.

Started with more snatch work.  7 doubles at 75%.  Did some at 75#, then a couple at 95#, but it just wasn't happening.

Pulling was hard from the deadlifts on Monday at lunch, and catching was hard from Olympic Lifting class Monday night.  So I bailed.

The WOD had running in it so I spent the time rolling my calf.

WOD was 4 rounds for time
- 400m run
- 15 dumbbell thrusters 35# (scaled to 25#, which was too light)
- 12 chest to bar pull ups  (scaled to 3 sets of 3 *almost)

First run was okay.  Naturally, my mechanics and muscle memory kicked in and I smoked everyone.  But the engine ran out of steam quickly.  I think I need to do some long runs (in the 16km range) to regain my aerobic capacity. My my calf issue is dealt with that is.

Dumbell thrusters were easy at 25#, during warm up 30# seemed heavy and 20# seemed light, but I think 30# would've been fine, even Rx likely.  I went unbroken in every round except the third where I went 10 and 5 after a very short break.

The scaling option for the 12 CTB was whatever you could managed in 3 sets of less.  First round I did 3, 3, 2 as I came off the bar prematurely, I would chain 2 reps then without dropping, I'd reset and do a third, but on the last one, I dropped after the 2 chained for some unknown reason.  I was about to jump back up to finish if off when I realized my 3 sets were done.

Same thing happened on the second round on the second set.  Brain wasn't focused.   The rest I just reset between all reps, it was easier. Likely could've done all 12 that way. Oh well.


24:10

No comments:

Post a Comment