Tuesday 21 April 2015

Crossfit log for Tueday, April 21st

Seems like forever since I went to Crossfit.

Good workout this morning.

Started with split jerks from the rack.  Quite a bit of volume.

Did 3x3 @ 70%, 1x3 @ 75% and 2x3 @ 80%

Did 145#, 155# and 165#.  Worked with Kamil, whose number were 10# heavier for each, but opted to use my weight.

Started to get hard at the end, after all the volume.

The workout was a 16 minute AMRAP partner WOD of :
- 10 power snatch (135#, scaled too much to 95#)
- 400m row
- 80 double unders
- 20 box jump overs

Work with Kamil for this too. 

We hummed and hawed over the weight for the snatches, when he suggested women's Rx, I was all over that.  It was a good weight in as much as it made the workout enjoyable, but we went unbroken for 3 rounds and likely should have done 115#.

So we split everything half and half, except the double unders.  So he did 5 snatches and i did 5, he rowed 200m and I rowed 200m. First round he did 80 double unders unbroken, it made sense.

We did the box jump overs follow-the-leader style which worked really well.

Second round I ended up starting so go to the double unders first and took like 4 or 5 tries to get through 40 reps, then Kamil finished them off.

3 round was like 2nd.   Round 4 I did 6 snatches because I felt bad about the double unders and with like a minute left I started the row and really worked hard to get through my 200m. 

Stupidly, I stopped with 15 seconds to go because I was done my 200m!  Duh.  Poor Kamil then tried to strap into the rower with like 10 seconds to go.  He should've slapped me!

I was spent, that last bit of row nearly killed me.



No comments:

Post a Comment