Tuesday 7 April 2015

Crossfit log for Tuesday, April 7th

Wow.  After a week and a half of recovery from bronchitis, I finally got to the box this morning.

That was much harder than I expected.

We started with a jerk/overhead squat combo for 4 sets of 2.

Limited by my OHS, so did 3 sets at 95# and one at 115#.  Jerk was easy, OHS was not. 3rd set was probably the best one.

The WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP of
- 10 shoulder to overhead @ 135#, scaled wisely to 115#
- 10 over the bar buprees, yuck.
- 10 pistols alternating leg (scaled to 15 air squats)

First round I took off like a bullet. Second round I sucked wind, third round was better than the second, but not as good as the first.  Fourth round I made it through 7 push press.

I watched a ton of Crossfit videos during my recovery, so I was itching to go, but man I tanked so quickly.  First day back, had to make it worth it, no?

Part two was a 5 minute AMRAP of sets of 5 pull ups.

Made it to 10 sets of 5, ending with the last two sets as 1 set of 10 reps.

Started doing 5 every 15 seconds, which lasted for 5 sets.  Then I took 30 second, and did two more sets, on 30 seconds instead of 15.  Waited until there was 30 seconds left to bust out the set of 10.

I was so done.

I expect I'll be very sore for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment