Tuesday 28 April 2015

Olympic Lifting log for Monday, April 27th

Finally scheduled an Olympic Lifting class for Monday evening.

I was expecting a relatively high volume, instructional evening.

Nope.  It was test day.  3 attempts at snatch, 3 attempts at clean and jerks, for max weight.

Oh well.

It was fun.

My plan for snatch was 135#, 145#, 150#

135# was wobbly but a good lift, I failed to get under it at 145#, so I scrapped the 150# and retried 145#, got under it, way cleaner than last week, but I still hit the ground with my back knee.  Being a judged lift, it didn't count. 

I still count it as a success, it was well caught.

For clean and jerk, I orginally planned 185#, 195# and 205#, but I just jerked 205# at lunch, I was pretty sure I'd make that, so if I wanted to go for a PR I should start at 195#, then 205# and try 210#.  That's what I did.

Hit 195#, and 205# well.  Failed to get under the clean at 210#, so no chance to try and jerk it. 

I'm happy with that.  Could've been a lot worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment