Thursday 29 May 2014

Strength log for Thursday, May 29th

This week I hit strict press,  heavy back squats, weighted pull ups, overhead squats and even some dead lifts.  Plus we did bench this morning.

So totally had no idea what to work on today.

I decided to use the calf stretch tactics in this article

So I had to do some squats with it.  Decided on front squats.  3 sets of 5 at 185#. Felt pretty good, not sure if I was getting deeper than usual or not.

After that I worked on some clean and jerk, which I haven't done much lately.

Cleans were fine upto 175#, might have been fine heavier, but the jerk wasn't so great, so I dropped to 165#, and I'm having trouble locking it out.

The last two I was getting so much explosive and getting so low that it was almost flying out of my hands at the top.  Then catching properly was nearly impossible.  I bailed twice.

The last one I couldn't catch in the front rack, so I let it drop to the hang, but the momentum threw me on my ass.  So I just laid back and let the bar roll over me. Everybody panicked, but I knew there was no danger, I'd measured many times in the past the bar is way higher than my head.  Freaked a lot of people out though. 

How many time can you say: I'm fine, really.  Oh well.

Lesson learned:  Just drop the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment