Friday 9 May 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, May 9th

Really challenging workout this morning.

Started with back squats, 3 rep max followed by 3 sets of 8.

Worked up to 225# for 3, but when I saw Mitch doing 275#, I figured I should at least try 245#, so I did and nailed it. 

Planned on 185# for the sets of 8, but once again, decided to at least try 205# and it was rough but doable.  Felt good at this point.

Then the WOD started. Ugh.

21-15-9
Overhead squats 115#/85#
Chest to bar pull ups
Front rack lunges, 115#/85#

Started with the women's weight, but since I can't do that many OHS at that weight, I did the split snatch equivalent, much like a lunge, but deeper.  Coach suggested this since otherwise the weight on the lunges would be too light. Tried to alternate legs every 5 or 6 reps, but with my right foot in front I was having too much trouble.

Decided to do regular pull ups since I was already struggling with the squats, I didn't need to be struggling with the CTB as well.

Lunges went okay, but was fatigued from the similar OHS work.

Started the round of 15 but was struggling.  Look over at the coach, ready to give up and he yelled to put less weight on the bar.  Dropped to 65# with the clock ticking. 

Shoulders were warm, weight was lower, hit 13 over head squats in a row. Not quite sure I was going deep enough, but coach didn't call me on it. Reset for 2 more.

Did the pull ups and the lunges, which were easier this time.

Did 9 OHS, after two false starts, as I start the pullups coach puts a 20:00 mercy cap, I had 30 seconds to do the pull ups and lunges.  Made it through the pull ups.

In hindsight coach and I agreed I should've just finished it and ignored the cap, but it was too late.

Pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment