Monday 5 May 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, May 5th

Mondays are rough getting out of bed, but I have never regretting going to the gym before the sun is up.

Today we started with snatch work.  4 heavy singles @ 90% of 1 rep max.

90% of 130# is 117#, so I rounded down to 115# and it was a good call.

Attempts 1 and 3 were wobbly, but 2 and 4 were rock solid.  It's really starting to come back.  I should be able to test my 1 rep max soon.

After that we did more back pause squats.  5 sets of 4, pausing 3 seconds at the bottom, no bounce coming up.  Settled on 185#.  First two reps were easy, last two were rough. So I guess it was a good weight.

The WOD was a killer.  A relentless but thankfully short killer.

21-15-9  10 minute cap  (called a mercy cap!)
- dead lifts  185#
- wall balls 20#
EMOM 6 burpees. 

Workout starts with burpees.

First round was awesome, 6 burpees in 17 seconds, 14 of 21 dead lifts.
Second round was ok, 19 seconds for the burpees, finished off the dead lifts and got 1 whole wall ball.
From this point on is sucked. Burpees and wall balls don't mix. I was reduced to 5 wall balls per round, and 3 or 4 dead lifts.

Made it to 11 dead lifts of the 15, so 53 total reps. I was gassed.  There was nowhere to catch your breath. Glad that's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment