Thursday 29 May 2014

Crossfit log for Thursday, May 29th

Nice to get to Crossfit this morning, even if I had a hard time getting out of bed.

A former Crossfitter was back today, hadn't seen Pat in ages.  Today was his second workout since starting up again.

Today was a bit weird.  Strength was 5 sets of 10 @ 50%, 55%, 60%, 55% and 50% of "Coach's choice"

So depending on whether you were showing up tomorrow or for the team WOD on Saturday, or if you had been to yesterday's class you either did front squats, dead lifts or bench.

Kamil and I decide to do bench.

Hit  105#, 115#, 125#, 115#, 105#   good choice of weight, it was challenging but doable.

The WOD was a partner WOD.  I worked with Pat.

16 minute AMRAP
-10 handstand push ups
-20 plate burpees
-30 dumbbell snatches alternating hands  60#
-40 air squats
-100 double unders.

Pat is stronger than I am but I have more stamina and better technique.  He's still adjusting to Crossfit again, but it worked well.

I did the hspu Rx, but he had abmats, we each did 5.  Burpees we alternated.

Dumbbell snatches I did 5, he did 10, I did 7 and finished the rest.  He was dying on the air squats, I waited for him to his share the first round, but second round he was really gassed so I did the bulk of them. I think I did 30 and he did 10.

Double unders, he was doing singles, he was keeping count, I don't know who did how many.

We managed 2 full rounds and 10 hspu.  Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment