Tuesday 13 May 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, May 13th

After testing out the knee yesterday at the Y I decided to head to Crossfit this morning and do what I could.

Glad I went. Knee wasn't an issue at all.  Had to be careful on the burpees not to hit it on the floor, but with Kiza's knee brace it was all good.

Started with the WOD today
5 rounds for time
- 12 burpees
- 8 dead lifts 225#
- 2 rope climbs

I love rope climbs.

Working up the weight for the dead lifts realy seemed heavy.  At 185# I was thinking, that's enough, but I wanted to try Rx. At 215# it wasn't much worse than 185#, so I went all in.

The first three rounds I did the dead lifts unbroken when most others were doing singles. I impressed myself.  Even the last two rounds were 4 and 4.

Although, Kamil was doing single, but taking less break before and after so we pretty much stayed neck and neck.  He'd get ahead on the burpees and start the dead lifts first, then I'd start them and go unbroken and finish first. We were fairly even on the rope climbs so that's how it went.

I finished in 18:20, Kamil, in 18:19.  I should have let go of the rope sooner and just dropped to the ground.

Strenght work was 4 sets of 4 push press.  Worked with Kamil, I was very happy when he stopped adding weight at 115#.

Finally weighted strict pull ups.  4 sets of 5.   Low on time, I did one set with a band, which was supposed to be a warm up. Then one set unassisted which was supposed to be another warm up.  Then put a 15# dumbbell between my legs for a set. Then ran out of time, so I did another set with 15# but only managed 4 reps before my arms gave out.

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment