Thursday 15 May 2014

Stength log for Thursday, May 15th

Worked on snatch.

Wasn't very focused.  Regular crew wasn't there.  Didn't have a solid plan.

Did some power snatch and some split snatch at a variety of weights.  65#, 95#, 115# back to 95#. 

Just didn't feel energized.  Maybe that Wendy's burger last night is to blame. ;)

As I was leaving a couple of the girls I sometimes chat with were gathered round one of the newer instructors, with 3 other members.  One was going some air squats. I missed the instructor's demonstration.

A quick chat with Line and Steph and I learned it was a "Cross Training" class.

Now I have to keep in mind that it is an introductory class, much like the one I took 3 years ago, and this exposure might encourage some of them, as it did me, to seek out a real Crossfit gym and discover what it really is about.

But man, it was like watching a train wreck. You don't teach cleans with a squat if they can't squat.  Teach power clean first, work on the squat independently, then combine the two later.   At least Kenny, my instructor from 3 years ago had his level 1 certification.  This guy clearly does not.

I'll have a chat with the girls next time I see them.  Find out their thoughts on it, and maybe give them some better instruction, especially on the lifting technique.


No comments:

Post a Comment