Thursday 22 May 2014

Crossfit log for Thursday, May 22nd

Tired today.  Awake before my alarm, when it rang I pretty much decided not to go to the gym and just try to sleep. 

But after 15 minutes of just lying there, I figured, just go and get if over with.

Started with power clean from the floor.  4 sets of 3 at 80% of max.  Didn't get close.

170# would've been 80%, aimed for 165#.  No power out of the hips. Felt like I was moving in slow motion.

Went down to 155# and it was better. On the last set I went back up to 165# and managed all 3 reps.  ugh.

Didn't do the 3 sets of 5 heavy dead lifts, given I did heavy dead lifts at lunch yesterday.

WOD was an 8 minute AMRAP
- 10 toes to bar
- 50 double unders
- 5 handstand push ups

Started out Rx, t2b went well, double unders went well up to 20 reps then 1 and 1 and 1 and 1 and finally hammered out 6 to finish it off.

Apparently 8 is my limit for handstand push ups sans abmat.   So the 3 I did to warm up gave me 5 in the workout.  Round 2 I added an abmat and things went way better, but that cost me some time.

Managed 2 full rounds +39 reps (t2b + 29 double unders).

Then Genevieve and Natasha decided to run the 2km loop, so I joined them.  Sucked.  I need to get back into running, soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment