Friday 30 May 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, May 30th

There are days when I feel like my programming is working wonders, and then there are days like today.

Granted I'm feeling beat up from a hard training week, my focus has to remain on strength development at the expense of power and metabolic conditioning (that's next year's project). So when I struggle through a WOD like 13.4 I really should be too hard on myself.

For strength we did power snatch.
2 sets of 4 @ 65% of max snatch  (85#)
2 sets of 4 @ 70% of max snatch (91#, but I did 95#)

3 minutes rest between sets during which time you needed to do a set of strict ring dips, between 5 and 10 reps, picking a number that could be maintained for all 4 sets.  I did 6 reps each time.

After that was the now infamous 5 sets of 10 @ 50%, 55%, 60%, 55% and 50%  on 2 minutes rest.

Front squats this time using percentage of 1 rep max clean and jerk (not 1 rep max of front squat) .  Did 105#, 115#, 125# and back down. Which is a bit higher than the percentages of my max, but my front squat is stronger than my c&j. 

The WOD as mentioned was 13.4.  Ascending ladder of reps starting at 3 and going up by 3 each round (3-6-9-12-15...) of:
-clean and jerk 135#
-toes to bar

I should have scaled the weight, after two reps into the second round I peeled off the 10s and continued with 115#.   Now that I've ready my post from the last time I did this workout in January I wish I hadn't.  But it was so heavy!!!

I kinda wish I'd tried Rx to see if I could beat my performance last spring in the Open, but opted for 115#.  Made 42 reps.  Last year I went 31 at Rx.

So did 38 reps this time, in between last time at 115# the whole way, and the original at 135# the whole way.  So that really doesn't tell me much.

Rest weekend starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment