Wednesday 14 May 2014

Crossfit log for Wednesday, May 14th

Fran.

I wish I had been fresh going into this workout.

Heavy strict press Monday, heavy squats Tuesday.  With rope climbs, burpees and strict pull ups thrown in, I wasn't very well rested.

Still got a PR, but I wasn't even able to get through the first 21 pull ups unbroken.  I have a better Fran in me, that's for sure.

That being said, I have to remember my focus for this year is strength development, not metabolic conditioning (that'll be next year).

WOD: Fran
21-15-9
- Thrusters  95#
- pull ups

All of my best times have been accomplished going unbroken the first round, then holding on for dear life for the rest.

Couldn't do it.  Stopped at 14 thrusters; stopped at 8, 12 and 16 pull ups.  Wasn't looking good at all.

Did the fifteen thruster in sets of 5, the break before the last 5 seemed really long.  Pull ups were 11 and 4.

Last round was 4 and 5 for the thrusters and 9 pull ups. Finally found a rhythm.

8:55, PR by 5 seconds.  I have a better Fran in me.

Closed out with close grip bench press for 10, 8, 6, and 4 reps.

Did 95#, 115#, 135# and 145#

No comments:

Post a Comment