Tuesday 29 April 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, April 29th

Another WOD first day today. 

Once again I ran laps as soon as I arrived, but only made half a mile before the coach arrived.  I might have continued if it hadn't been so windy.

WOD was for time:
- 1000m row
- 50 air squats  (instead of 25 pistols)
- 15 hang cleans 155#  (Rx was 185#)

Row went okay, around 4 minutes.  Air squats were kinda slow after the row.  Cleans from the hang were rough. All singles. Batches of 5 between breaks. You had to power clean it, after all that leg work before, squat clean wasn't a viable option.

185# is my one rep max, so I had to scale.  Total time: 13:53

Strength work was strict ring dips vs snatch grip dead lift at 100% of max snatch.  8 dips vs 5 dead lifts for 4 sets. Rest between sets.

For once I was glad my snatch sucks.  Although my max is 130#, I used 135# because the pull isn't my weak link.  I probably should've gone even higher but I was a bit trashed from the WOD.

Ring dips got progressively harder as I fatigued.  Did 8, 8, 5+3, 4+2+1+1

Yeah, last round sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment