Tuesday 22 April 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, April 22nd

Another heavy workload morning at Physics.

Started with 4 sets of 4 thrusters.  We very rarely do thrusters for strength work, so it was a bit of a novelty.

I thought I might be able to do 155#, or maybe 145#, but when I got to 135# I realized that I wouldn't be going any higher. Too many days off, too much wine and too little sleep at the 5:30am class for anything heavier.

After that we did 4 sets of 2 split jerks at 85% of max, 155#. Not all pretty but all successful.

The WOD was Diane.  21-15-9  of 225# dead lifts and handstand push ups.

Scaled the weight to 205#, glad I did.  Back was sore for last two rounds, but after the workout I rolled out my glutes and the pain was gone.

Also scaled the hspu, going back to 2 abmats despite my recent graduation to only one.  Too much volume.  If you scaled the hspu you automatically cut the number in half (so 11, 8 and 5), going againt the coach's instructions, I decide to split the difference and do 14, 9, 6. 

Worked fairly well.  Still took 11:25.  Good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment