Friday 25 April 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, April 25th

Started feeling unwell after Wednesday's workout, so I took yesterday completely off. 

Stomach was in a knot, but unlike every other member of my family, I didn't toss my cookies at all.

Feeling much better today.

Good workout.  Coach slept through his alarm today, but there was no way I was missing another workout, so I waited for the 6:30 class (after getting the okay from Kiza that she wasn't having a disastrous morning).

Glad I did.

Strength was pause squats.  3 sets of 5 pausing a full three seconds at the bottom, no bounce. 

Did 185#, 185#, 195#.  I wish I had started at 195# and gone up to 205#, because 195# felt the same as 185#, the first ones were easy the last ones really hard.   Which is the point of strength development.

The WOD was something new.

5 rounds for time of :
- 500m row
- 15 bench press  Rx 135# (did 125# first round, 115# 4 subsequent rounds).


What a full body workout.  I feel it from head to toe. 

The first row I went out like a bat out of hell, finished in 1:40.  Did the bench unbroken, but the last reps were rough and I new I wouldn't be able to sustain that for 4 more rounds.

2nd row was much more conservative, 2:05 or something, did 11 and 4 on the bench.

All the subsequent rows were similar to this

3 round did 8, 4 and 3 on the bench.  4th was 7, 5 and 2 and finally 5, 5 and 5.

Took 23:21  gassed at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment