Thursday 3 April 2014

Crossfit log for Thursday, April 3rd

Funny thing, this morning I was thinking I'd like to tackle a named WOD, like Fran or Jackie to see if my fitness is being helped by my added strength.

But not today, I'm just way to sore from the Chipper on Tuesday and the pullups from Monday.  When I'm fresher and less sore it would nice to try and PR a named WOD.

So on the board to day: "Jackie"

Ugh. Worse yet, before we got to Jackie we had a 12 EMOM of:
-odd minutes  5 touch and go power snatches
-even minutes 10 unbroken chest to bar pull ups.

Scale weight to what you can sustain 5 touch and go reps for 6 rounds.
Scale the number of pull ups to what you can sustain for 6 rounds, if you can't do at least 5, do regular pull ups, if you can't to 5 regular, use a band, etc ....

I chose 75# for the snatches and 10 regular pull ups.

So that's 30 power snatches and 60 pull ups, before starting Jackie.

No PR for me today!
"Jackie"
-1000m row
-50 thrusters @ 45#
-30 pull ups

Did the row in 4:05, thrusters killed me as usual, pull ups were rough, but systematic.  Final time; 11:00  not even close to a PR, but it was a good effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment