Wednesday 2 April 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, April 1st

Delilah was up much of the night, so I didn't go to Crossfit.

Kiza graciously gave me her spot in the evening class at 7:15

Coach Isabelle was there for the 6:15 class and we got to chat briefly.  Isabelle was my coach for the vast majority of my Crossfit experience, but since Alex took over the early morning coaching duties, I haven't seen her much.

She told me I looked "jacked", that I've been putting on mass and it showed in my shoulders and lats.  Also in my belly, but that's to be expected when you are ingesting the volume of calories needed to feed a bulking up phase.

It was really good to hear, I know how our mental self image is often distorted and I thought my work had been paying off but I couldn't be sure based on my own observations.  Kiza noted it, but there is always the risk that she would be over stating a complement because she loves me.

I feel confident I'm on the right track.

Today's workout was a chipper:

Complete the following for time:
-100 double unders
-30 wall balls  20# medicine ball
-30 toes to bar
-50 box jumps 24" box
-30 shoulder to overhead  95#
-30 kettle bell swings 24kg kettle bell
-100 double unders

We had the choice to scale the double unders to half the number.  I decide to try and do all 100, if it got bad, I'd change plans during the workout.

No need to worry, in 4 tries I got through the 100, in less than 2 minutes. It was astonishing.

Wall balls took a 3 or 4 reps before I got a rhythm going, ball kept missing the wall!  It was frustrating.

T2B were rough after the first 5. Box jumps were okay, but I was sharing a box with Maks, but the added rest was appreciated.

STO was rough but manageable, as were the kb swings.

Second time around the double unders were an different story, took forever to get to fifty, so I called it there.

22:41 

No comments:

Post a Comment