Friday 4 April 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, April 4th

Looks like we are getting back into our regular programming at Physics Crossfit.

Today actually had a strength/skill portion, 1 rep max split jerk from the rack.

I was pretty solid up to 175#, decisive lockout, good position.  At 185#, my current PR, I didn't quite lock my left elbow and had to press it out.  What a fight.  Coach and other athletes were mighty impressed with that feat.

Tried it again, and got much close to lock out but not quite.  So not too bad, for a tired and sore body this week.  Next time I'll hit 195# for sure.

The WOD was a good one.  Grace with box jumps, of sorts. Plus bonus dips or muscle ups (if you can do them)

Cash in - 10 muscle ups (scale to ring dips)
followed by 3 rounds of
-10 clean and jerks 115#  (Rx was 135#)
-10 box jumps 24" box
Cash out 10 ring dips.

Can't do muscle ups so I did ring dips.  Did them strict. My bar was kind of in the way of Andrew doing his muscle ups on the rings, so I used his bar that was at 135#, I did two reps, but there was no way I was maintaining that.  A spot freed up next to my bar so I moved it over and continued with my 115#.

Just worked through systematically. Broke up the dips 7 and 3 at the start, 5 and 5 at the end.

14:59 final time.

Good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment