Friday 11 April 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, April 11th

We did a metric ton of work this morning.

Started with back squats, yes, the same thing I did yesterday, yay! Thankfully not so heavy.  We did 4 sets of 8, so I worked at 70% of max: 185#.  Went well.

Then we alternated straight leg dead lifts and bench press.  Did 115# on the dead lifts which are taxing on my hams regardless of weight and 145# on the bench. 

We ran low on time so we did 3 sets instead of 4, which might have been a good thing, the last rep on the bench press was getting hard.  I'm not sure how the 4th set would've gone.
 
Then it was time for the WOD: Grace. 30 clean and jerks for time. Rx is 135#, I've been doing 115# (I may be due to go up to 125# perhaps.

Last real Grace attempt was a year ago on May 14th

"Grace" (30 clean and jerks for time). Scaled weight was 115# with an 8:00 cap.
Made it to 28 reps. Spent the time between WOD 1 and WOD 2 berating myself for not finding the drive to get 2 lousy reps.
When I got home and looked up my "Grace" times, today's effort was by far my best performance, I'd done 27 reps in 10:00 @ 105#. Last year I did 7:57 but at 95#, so this was heavier than ever and close to a best time.

Going in I decide to use the 1 lift every 10 seconds strategy.  It worked really well, I was on pace at 2:30 with 15 reps done.  Took a break for 30 seconds hoping to repeat that, but I was getting winded, I did 1 every 10 seconds for another minute, taking me to 4:00, and another 30 second rest, leaving 9 reps to go.  I just hammered them as fast as I could and finished and finished in 6:01.

PR by 2 minutes, plus 2 reps!  Gotta be happy with that, especially given the amount of work we did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment