Monday 28 April 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, April 28th

Leg intensive day at Crossfit.

When I arrived, everyone was still in their cars. Coach hadn't arrived yet, so I got out, put my stuff on the trunk of the car and took off to run laps of the building.  I've felt sluggish in the mornings lately so I figured, the weather being nice enough, a good warm up would help. 10 laps is a mile.  I made it to 8 laps before I saw the lights come on in the gym. 

I also loaded up on creatine last night, and again this morning.  Which may have helped my lifting, but left my mouth parched during the run and the WOD.

The workout started with 5 sets of 2 heavy squats. 

Worked up to 185#, then decided to go for 205#, 95% of my current max.  I figured I could either go back down, or at the very least, after 4 sets I could count my set at 185# as a working set.

Wasn't necessary, infact I for my last set I upped it to 215#, my current PR, for 2 reps without a problem. I think I'll be testing my new max next week.

That was all well and good, but the 135# squat cleans in the WOD were gonna suck!

WOD was a 10minute AMRAP of
- 6 squat cleans @ 135#
- 12 pull ups
- 24 double unders.

Made 3 rounds, at the buzzer.  Really had to hurry the last of the double unders.

Cleans sucked. Pull ups went really well. Double unders were sometimes a breeze, sometimes a struggle.

Finished off with 4 sets of 8 behind the neck snatch grip strict press.  Did 65#.  It was enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment