Monday 14 April 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, April 14th

Another heavy workload day.

Coach Isabelle is back! Yay!  Mondays and Tuesdays it looks like, for now anyway.

Started with snatches,  4 sets of 3 at 80% of max.

Hadn't done split snatch in ages, had a rough time getting low enough in the split.  I did mostly singles and worked up slowly.  Only went up to 95#, but tried to get my form better as the work progressed.

The WOD was a good intense one, 3 rounds for time:
- 10 power snatches
- 2 rope climbs

Rope climb was way harder than it should've been, out of practice, we haven't done them in ages. Had to break the last round of snatches, five and five.

Finished in  6:04. Good workout.

Strength at the end sucks.  Did 5x5 back squats.  Since last week I did 185# I figured I'd do the same, but it seemed a bit easy, so I upped it to 195# and restarted the set count.

Isabelle was pretty impressed with my size, I've bulked up a lot since she stopped coaching the morning classes. She also noted how far I've come in my squat position.  When I first started "it was the worst squat I've ever scene", gee thanks coach, what a motivator!  "Now you're almost average!" :P


Then I looked over at Mitch and we was doing 225#, so I felt pretty cheap. Then I remember that I did the 185# last week because the day before I had done 3x3 @ 245# at lunch. I didn't have that excuse today.

So I upped it again to 205# and that went up fairly well, so I upped it one last time to 215# for the last 3 sets. 

That was good.


No comments:

Post a Comment