Friday 15 June 2012

Running log for Friday, June 15th

Another solid run today.

Did intervals on the treadmill at the Y.

6:00 warm up @ 5:30/km
2:00 bathroom break!
5x1km on 2:00ri (4:20, 4:17, 4:13, 4:10, 4:06)

Was glad it was over but didn't struggle to complete any of them. Felt strong. I am strong.

While I was stretching, there was a guy bench pressing. We've both been coming to the Y for over a year, but never talked, and don't really know each other. I noticed 2 things, to his buddy spotting him, he said "I haven't done this in a while", and I noticed this thumb was on the same side of the bar as his fingers (not wrapped around the bar). Having just done bench press for the first time at Physics like 2 days ago, one thing we learned was that most bench accidents happen from not wrapping the thumb around the bar and the bar slips off, and because he "hadn't done bench in a while" I felt secure in politely point it out to him. For which he thanked me.

Then he said ... wait for it.... "You're getting fit, what have you been doing?"

Now, I'm feeling pretty good that someone would notice. Floored that they would actually point it out to me, out loud. But he must be really wondering. All I ever do at the Y is stretching, foam rolling and a bit of running and maybe some rowing and my body has changed dramatically over the last year, whereas most people at the gym look more or less the same as last year.

So I told him a bit about Crossfit and suggested he google it.

So I'm feeling pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment