Wednesday 13 June 2012

Crossfit log for Wednesday, June 13th

A novelty day today. We did bench press. Not a very common strength exercise at Crossfit, but coach wants to integrate it into the program.

Sure. Why not?

Did 4 sets 8-8-6-5
Started at 95#, then up to 115#, tried at 135#, for 6 but only made it to 3, back down to 115# for 6 (instead of 5) for the last set.

It was good. It'll definitely help my shoulder mobility and I had trouble getting the bar to touch my chest.

The WOD was crazy brutal.

14 minute effort - every minute on the minute:
First 7 minutes:
- 3 power cleans, 115#
- 6 push ups
- 8 air squats
Second 7 minutes:
-5 pull ups
-10 push ups
-15 air squats

I made 3 rounds in the second half before running out of time to finish. Push ups were brutal. One of my many weaknesses, compounded by the bench press before the WOD.

Was glad when it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment