Tuesday 19 June 2012

Crossfit log for Tuesday, June 19th

Went for Max Push Press. I don't think I've ever tried for my 1 rep max, so it's automatically a PR!

I've done WODs with push press and strength work with multiple reps, but never 1 rep. Going over my old entries, the most I seem to have ever put over head is 105#.

We were to warm up then do 7 sets of 5-3-3-2-1-1-1
Started with 75# for 5, then jumped to 95# for 3 and 115# for 3, not a problem. The guys I was working with were both stronger (maxed out at 205#!!!) so we jumped up again to 145#, I tried, twice but there was no way. Went back down to 135# and nailed it. Did it again after a 2 min break. So push press one rep max found, and it's 135#.

Not huge but more than I thought I could do. I'll take it.

Naturally the WOD had push press.
10 min AMRAP
5 push press 115#
10 knees to elbows
5 push ups.

After 2 rounds I had to drop the weight to 95# (should've started with 105#, women's Rx, and likely would've been fine). Still only managed 4 rounds. Brutal.

I'm thinking tabata at lunch, then some stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment