Monday 4 June 2012

Crossfit log for Monday, June 4th

Back is still not 100%, but getting close.

In any event it wasn't a factor in today's WOD or Strength work.

First we did heavy thrusters. 4 sets of 4 reps.

Started at 85#, after a warm up of 45# and 65#, and that went fine. Bumped it to 95#. This is Rx weight for Fran, which has you doing 45 thruster, I need to do 4. Got three, but the fourth just wasn't happening. I need to go heavier, to prove to my self I could do it. So I tried 105#, and it wasn't any harder that 95#. So it isn't a strength issue, but there's something going on. The fourth set I bumped it to 115# and failed on the 3rd (I was only going to do 2, but coach was watching and made me try for 3).

WOD was "Annie"
5 rounds of 50-40-30-20-10
-double unders
-sit ups.

The first 50 DUs were a mess, so the 40 I did 120 singles. This made me unhappy, so for the 30 I tried double unders again and had moderate success, so stuck with that to the end.

It was slow going, finished in 12:42.

No comments:

Post a Comment