Wednesday 3 February 2016

Strength and accessory log for Wednesday, February 3rd

My trip to the Y had to not involve my back.  I wanted to stretch it and roll it out but not tax it so I could work out the tightness.

I wanted to do some accessory work too, so I decided on some strict press/push press work (despite the hspu stuff from this morning), and some supinated barbell rows.

It wasn't a great workout, but I got it done.  I stretched my back in a feet together squat, holding a post, breathing into my lower back between sets.  I rolled it out a bit with the peanut.

Maxed out the strict presses at 125# and the push press at 155#.  Did a warm up set of rows at 145#, 3 sets of 3 at 175#, wasn't great. Then peeled back to 155# to failure at 6 reps.

I tried some straight arm pull downs on the pulley machine, I'd like to work these in as accessory work. We'll see.  Did a set of 8 at 75# and tried a working set  at I think 105#, the labels are gone on the stack, but that was too much so I dropped it what I can only guess was 90# (I may be totally wrong on these numbers except the 75#)  and managed 5 reps. 

Meh.

Rolled out my back some more with the peanut and then rolled my glutes too.  Back feels way better now.  So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment