Thursday 4 February 2016

Crossfit log for Thursday, February 4th

Well, that's what you get for doing a partner WOD. 

After the 3 rounds of weighted plank holds (45#, 45#, 70#) for 30 seconds and 10 walking lunges with 45# dumbbells, and after the 5 sets of 3 front squats (205#, last two sets with belt).  We did this little gem:

10 rounds for time (10-9-8-7--5-4-3-2-1) of:
- hang power cleans 115#/75#
- lateral burpees over bar.

Partnered with Kamil.  Jerk made me do Rx.  I was perfectly happy to go Women's Rx, but nooooo, Kamil had to go Rx. I wasn't about to wimp out on that.

First two rounds were okay.  He started.  I did my round of 10 and rested while he did his round of 9. Then I did my nines and collapsed to the floor.

Thankfully at 8 reps of each, I still had time to partially recover before my turn. But the rounds of 7, 6, 5 and 4 where horrible, still a lot of reps, and nowhere near enough recovery time.  At least 3, 2 and 1 were over quickly.

Still took us 13:32.

The weight wasn't much of an issue, so I guess Rx was fine. 

Man I hate burpees.

No comments:

Post a Comment