Monday 22 February 2016

Crossfit log for Monday, February 22nd

Back/hip still not 100% and shoulder still a bit tight in some positions but I got to the gym anyway.  Felt better than last week so I really had no excuse.

I also forgot to set my alarm but woke up on my own 26 minutes after my alarm would've rang.

Spent all of 10 seconds contemplating going back to sleep, but I hadn't gotten my clothes ready the night before, so if I was going, it had to be now.  So up I got and hustled out the door in record time.  Arrived at the gym 1 minutes late. But thankfully went unnoticed.

It was an okay workout.  Warm up was 3 rounds of 10 scap push ups, 10 empty bar overhead squats and 10 burpees.  First round of OHS sucked, but go way better for rounds 2 and 3.  Skipped the last 10 burpees because there would be some in the WOD, no point wasting them now.

Skill work was snatch.  Quickly work up to 80% and do 6 singles, rest as needed.

Did 105#, and all but 1 landed pretty solidly.  I was very satisfied with my lifts.

Strength work was back squats, 5 triples.  I usually do that volume at 85% of max (~ 265#), my last warm up was 225# but rather than jump 40# I did the first set at 245#.  Felt heavy, but I still went to 265# for the second set.  That was really heavy.  But I kept it there for sets 3 and 4, but the fourth sets was rough and time was running out, so for the last set I dropped it back to 245#. 

Still happy with that.

The WOD was not fun. 
10 minute AMRAP of:
- 15 snatches  75#/55#
- 30 burpees over bar lateral
- 60 double unders.

I was still tying my shoes then the clock started (thanks coach), so I was behind.  My choice of weight was bang on, I split the difference and went with 65# and just hammered them finishing first. of the four of us at class.

The burpees were another story.  As expected my lead evaporated. 30 is a lot. 

Double unders sucked, took me to 35 reps before I got my shit together and finished off  with 25 in a row.

Second round of snatches weren't as fast, but I got through 10 fast then had to put it down, and finished off with 5 quick ones.  Got through six more stupid burpees and finally time was up.

Glad that's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment