Tuesday 9 February 2016

Accessory and strength log for Monday, February 8th

Slept in this morning.  Much needed. So the Y was accessory work and overhead squats.

I worked every problem area, shoulders, hips, aductors, thoracic spine, the works.

I did the "tricep opener", "bicep opener" and "shoulder opener" from Strongfit Accessory Work playlist , sadly the videos have been removed, but thankfully I got to watch them.

Did breathing into my lower back while in a supported deep squat with feet and knees together, to relax my mid back.  Did bretzels, rolled around.  Did some weighted lateral stretch of the aductors. Did some of the old Ido Portal squat drills. 

Did some long pause back squats to get into that deep strong position.  Then started on the OHS.

Squat position was pretty good.  Better than it has been.  Worked up slowly.  Big sets at lower weight.

Got up to 115# for triples, the singles at 125# and 135#.  One of these days, I'll have a breakthrough.


No comments:

Post a Comment