Wednesday 10 February 2016

Crossfit log for Wednesday, February 10th

Overhead squat day.

Warm up was 10 empty bar OHS, 10 scapula push ups, 10 kip swings. for 3 rounds.  I think I did two, after spending time on the floor rolling out my glutes and back.

Strength/skill works was 1 heavy overhead squat.

Got up to 135# without issue.  Decided to try for 155#, my current max that I haven't hit in ages. It was a bit shaky, and I bottomed out right at parallel, so maybe not a great rep, but way better than recent efforts. 

I had physio right after Crossfit and worked even more new drills to improve my overhead position.  In time,  I have no doubt this will be limited by my strength, not my mobility.

Next we did 5 max sets of handstand push ups.  I wanted to do sets of 4, but I came off the wall at 3 the first set.  So I did 4 the next set.  But then the third was a struggle to get 3.  The fourth I failed on the second rep, so I called it quits.

All this overhead work was going to make the WOD suck so bad.

10 minute AMRAP:
- 10 ohs 95#/65#
- 10 toes to bar

Ugh.  First rep I had to bail.  Couldn't stabilize the shoulders even at women's Rx. T2B sucked, first round was 5 and 5, but that quickly became 3, 3, 4, then 3, 3, 2, 2 and 3, 2, 2, 2, 1

Managed 4 full rounds and raced Kamil in round 5, I finished the squats first, but he was faster on the t2b, but then he faded, and then I faded, we both finished 5 with 3 or 4 seconds left and he dropped off the bar, all I had to do was 1 more rep to beat him, but I couldn't get my legs to go, I got them half way up and had nothing left, and the buzzer went off.  

Tied.  I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment