Friday 19 February 2016

Crossfit log for Friday, February 19th

After the monumental snowfall on Tuesday, and shovelling a metric ton of the white crap out of my driveway and much of my street, I was in no shape for Crossfit Wednesday or yesterday.

I went to the Y and rolled out my glutes and back and did some physio homework.  I also improvised a wrist roller and rolled some kettle bells and dumbbells up to 25# or 12kg.  Pure torture.  I need to make a better one.  Maybe this weekend.

So today I finally got back to the box. 

Warm up consisted of 8 minutes of 2 lengths bear crawl, 4 shuttle runs and 16 air squats.  I did 2 rounds an resumed rolling my glutes.

Strength work was close grip bench for 5 sets of 5.  (Did 155#, 155#, 185#(4), 165#, 165#), followed by dumbbell walking lunches 5 sets of 10 steps.  I managed 2 sets at 45#. Meh, core was sore.

Finally the WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP of :
15 push ups
10 calorie row
15 alternating dumbbell snatches 70#/50#

Did 45#.  Managed 2 full rounds and 35 reps.  Just glad I survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment