Monday 15 February 2016

Olympic lifting log for Monday, February 15th

Since Crossfit was closed today, I made sure to get to the Y.

Decided to work overhead.  After going my new thoracic mobility drills to replace the bretzel, I started going some strict press and jerks.

Started doing 3 press + 3 split jerks at 65#, 95# and at 115# I did 3 sets.

I skipped the strict press on the last set and then started adding weight for just jerks triples. Did 135#, 165#, 185# for a double and finally 205#.

The first rep at 185# failed to lock out, caught it a bit forward but I somehow managed to catch it in a front rack while still in a split.   Tried again and got it.

Same thing happened at 205#, except even the second time I failed and dropped.

I gave it one more go, with pointers from Dave to keep my dip more upright so the bar wouldn't drive forward, and a firm commitment to get under it, I caught it.

My shoulders were a bit fatigued by now so it was really hard to keep it stable as I stood it up, but it was there. 

I hesitated a bit on whether to try again, since I didn't want to go any heavier and saw no point in repeating the 205#, so I called it a day.

Dave suggested peeling back for some doubles, so I tried 185# and failed to lock the second one and dropped again. Then I was done.


Felt good until it got heavy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment