Wednesday 24 February 2016

Crossfit log for Wednesday, February 24th

Woke up at around 2:30 and had a hard time falling back to sleep. When my alarm finally rang at quarter to five, I was torn, and took a long time to decide.

Since this log entry exists, it's clear the my decision was to get up and get going.

It was an interesting day at the box.  Improvised warm up of push ups, air squats and shuttle runs before jumping right into WOD #1:

3 rounds for time 15-12-9
- power clean  115#/75#
- jerks 115#/75#

Split the difference at 95#, tried to see how far I could get without putting the bar down.

Turns out the answer to that is 30 reps.  I got through the first round completely unbroken, but going back to power cleans after the jerks (technically push press, but I digress) was just too rough apparently.

Even once I started, I got to 9 and put it down before the last 3, and tried to go straight into the jerks, but after only 1, I had to put it down.  Regrouped and hammered out the 12.  For the 9s at least I had the wisdom to stop at 8, and use the 9th to go into the jerks when I was ready.

So hammering the first round cost me, but I'm glad I did it.  Finished in 5:55ish.  Happy with that.

The second WOD which we started only after an extended break was a 20 minute EMOM:
- odd minutes 5 deadlifts, start light and add weight as you went.
- even minutes 10 box jumps

Worked with Kamil and Justin,  they shared a bar and Justin started on the box jumps.

I went immediately after Kamil on the deadlifts, but somehow they both had a box and the box jumps were taking more time than the deadlifts, so if I wanted to finish in time, I did my box jumps at the same time as Kamil.  This gave me a bit longer break before the deadlifts but a shorter one before the box jumps.  Worked out.

We started with only 115# on the bar, then round 2 went to 135#, then 155#, 185# and 205# where we stayed until the last round where Kamil went up to 225#, so I followed suit.

The last 5 minutes were getting rough as fatigue set in.

My back actually feels better now than it has in a while.  So I guess it was a good call to go today.  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment