Tuesday 7 February 2012

Running log for Tuesday, February 7th

Another frustrating run at the local Y. I hate those treadmills, and took the time to fill out one of the comments forms to express my disappointment.

I had a plan, I had chart with mph and min/km, I'd do a 10:00 warm up at 6.4mph (~5:50/km) then 5 intervals at 8.2mph, 8.4mph, 8.6mph, 8.8mph and 9mph (4:33, 4:26, 4:20, 4:14 and 4:09 per km respectively) with 2:00 rest at just under 4mph.

Well the stupid touch screen was so unresponsive it took nearly 2 whole minutes to get it up to 8.2mph from 6.4mph, so there was no way I was playing with the speed, I'd just get off and do nothing for 2 minutes. It was looking good, but then with 10 seconds to go it starts to slow down "No Runner detected", f*ck! Thankfully tapping the screen in the vicinity of the QuickStart button, brought it back up to speed. So decided 1:30 rest, since it was complete rest, would have to do.

Now I had to do time math because I couldn't us the distance for 1:00km repeats because it was in miles, so I had to add 4:26, 4:20, etc... to my time at the start of each interval.

Then the kicker, I get 1:30 into my 4th interval and the things stops. It was at 30 minutes, apparently the limit for a workout. I was livid. I spewed a string of profanity a mile long (since I couldn't do kilometres).

I didn't take it out on the staff, since they really have nothing to do with it, but I was not a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment