Sunday 12 February 2012

Running log for Sunday, February 12th

Really rough, really cold, really lonely 26km run.

I started with the unofficial Running Room  ATB (Around the Bay) group, but they were running 6:07/km and taking walk breaks, I had to be back in time to get Clarisse at gymnastics so I dropped them between 5 and 6km, after the 3rd walk break. I checked my pace at just over 7km and was nearly at 45min! I cranked it to around 5:30/km and abandoned the walk breaks.

I was done at 23km, but still had some good hills to go. It was hard to keep going at 23km because I was really close to the store, and my last 3km would take me further away, which is always mentally tough, especially near the end of a run.

But I did it. Legs are sore, still not fully recovered from the box jumps I guess. But it's done and I'll be stronger for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment