Wednesday 15 February 2012

Crossfit log for Wednesday, February 15th

Sunday's run took a lot out of me.

Then the kids waking up in the night seriously hampered my recovery. Finally last night I got a good night's sleep and made it to Crossfit for the first time since Friday past.

It was good.

Strength word was press again (and I again I teamed up with Jodie, who is slightly stronger than I am), we did 3x3reps at 77#, 88#, 99# 75%, 85% and 95% of her max of 110# (I don't know what my max is, but it is probably less than 110#).
Solid on the the first two sets, only managed 1 rep on the last, (so maybe 99# is my 1RM).

Skills work was the Clean.
4 rounds of A- Hang power clean, B-Hang power clean + front squat, C- Hang power clean + catch into front squat and D- Hang Squat Clean.

First 2 rounds at 75#, second 2 at 95#. This was a breakthrough, my front squat is much better and I was able to do what essentially looked like a squat clean at the very end. (a skill I will need to meet my stated 2012 goal of cleaning my body weight). So I'm in a good position to meet that goal by year end. Yay!

The WOD was a good met con:
12 min AMRAP
-8 pull-ups, 25 double unders (did 75 singles), -8 hand release push-ups (clap over head when down).

Managed 6 full + pull-ups and started skipping (4) on round 7.

Feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment