Sunday 26 February 2012

Running log for Sunday, February 26th

Ran with the Running Room, needed to be 6:00/km or faster to be back in time to pick up Irondaughter at gymnastics.

The two lead runners seemed to be going at a pretty good clip. I don't normally do the walk breaks, and after we completely missed the first one, I figured I was with the right group. We did take some walk breaks, but they were sporadic, and usually at a milestone, top of hill, next light, at the corner, whatever, just take some water and what not.

Started out with an average pace of 6:12/km after few km, then despite looking at Garmin and regularly seeing 5:4x managed to drop the average pace to 6:18/km. By 16km were down to 6:08/km, so I was in good shape. Around this time the ladies were planning to stop at a gas station to refuel, so I decided to keep going on my own. I picked up the pace and got the average down to 6:01/km.

Not bad. I was only a few minutes late picking up Irondaughter.

It was a tough run. I honestly can't remember how I ever ran a Marathon!

29.14km 2:55:41 Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment