Friday 3 February 2012

Crossfit log for Friday, February 3rd

Today's workout was something of a train wreck.

Strength part was good, strict press superset with strict pull ups
3 rounds of 5 reps press @ 75#, 85#, 85#, 5 reps pull unassisted. It had been a while since I've done strict dead hang pull ups. I would have never been able to to 3 sets of 5 before.

WOD was 12 round on 1:00 of 3 reps of the bear complex.

Bear Complex = 1. Power Clean (from ground), 2. front squat, 3. push press, 4. back squat, 5. push press, back to floor.

There's no way I can do that at the Rx of 115#, not enough shoulder strength, even 95 was too much for more than a few rounds. So I opted for 75# (10# less then women's Rx)

After 3 rounds I couldn't complete 3 reps within the minute, and it just went down hill from there, I think I may have gotten 12 reps total, it was brutal.

Hindsight being what it is, I really should stripped the plates off the bar and just did 45# as high intensity as I could manage, the heavier you go the more it becomes about form and not intensity, I need the intensity. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment