Monday 31 August 2015

Accessory log for Monday, August 31st

Thanks to a great podcast by Barbell Shrugged and their guest Julien Pineau, I was made aware of some deficiencies in my training, in most Crossfit training, so I began accessory work to try and address them.

First is hamstrings.  Mine are weak, short and tight, but stretching them isn't the answer, as that will leave them weak, long and loose.

Started good mornings on the side.  Thankfully we've been doing these at Crossfit over the last few weeks so the initial soreness is out of the way.  I also threw in a few Romanian Deadlifts. 

Good mornings I did 3 sets of 5 at 95# and the RDL were 2 sets of 5 at 115#.  

Second was pulls in the lateral plane.  I did some supinated bent over barbell rows. 

I did a warm up set at 95# and 1 working set at 145# for 6 reps.  I'll need to build that up to 50% of my deadlift.

The other option is one armed neutral grip dumbbell rows, which I may try next time.

I also did some shoulder external rotation drills and a set of Z Presses at 25#.  I'll wait until my hams are bit longer as it' s currently really hard to sit with legs straight and torso 90° to the floor.

I may be sore tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment