Monday 17 August 2015

Strength log for Monday, August 17th

Time was tight and I didn't have most of my equipment, so I rushed to the Y and did some deadlifts and neutral grip pull ups since both have been rather neglected lately.

Worked up the deadlift to 275# then went to do the math using 355# as 1 rep max.

75% would be 265#, and 80% is 285#.  Since I'd already passed 265# I went with 285#.

Now 80% would normallly be 3 sets of 5, but 5 reps wasn't feeling great. So I decide to swap it and do 5 sets of 3.  The only problem is that 5 sets of 3 is normally done at 85% not 80%, according to my old program, but since it's been neglected of late, I felt justified in my choice.

I did super sets with 5 sets of 5 pull ups.

Good workout.  Seb totally saved me with his chalk.  It was so humid, the bar was slipping out of my hands during the warm up.


No comments:

Post a Comment