Monday 10 August 2015

Strength log for Monday, August 10th

Vacation is over.  Time to start work.

Last night I started to feel some congestion in my upper respiratory tract and it was rather late once we'd unpacked and fed, bathed and go the kids to bed, so I turned off my alarm and slept in.

I ended up going to the Y to do the strength component of this morning's workout:

3 sets of 15 Good Mornings, empty bar.  Sucked.

Followed that up with, 5 sets of 5 back squats at 70% (225#) after hitting a max lift of 295#.

Felt good, although the max lift was way harder than it should've been.

Finally, did 5 sets of 5 strict press at 70%  (95#) after hitting 125# for a heavy single.  Wrist held up fairly well. No significant pain.

They don't do the heavy single at Crossfit, but I find if you don't it makes first harder, and they get progressively easier, where as when you do, the first sets seem way easier, but the last few get really hard as fatigue sets in.  Better results IHO, but they are pressed for time, and I wasn't doing the WOD.

Good workout. I may be sore tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment