Friday 19 October 2012

Crossfit log for Friday, October 19th

Did Back squats yesterday at the Y and as luck would have it, strength work yesterday was back squats! So yay! They did 5 sets of 8, but I worked up to my 1 rep max of 205#.

I think I would have at least tried 210# (and quite possibly succeeded), but I was too scared to drop the weights at the Y.

At Crossfit, if you bail on a lift, it's not a failure, it's a different mentality because everyone does it, all the time, but at the Y, the perception is that I bit off more than I could chew.

Maybe it's just in my head, but that's the point. It's just not the same.

Today was 1 rep max push press. Been doing a lot of overhead stuff this week, which is good, definitely one of my weaknesses.

Made to my existing 1 rep max of 140#, just couldn't get 145# up. Not enough hip drive. Need to work on that.

The WOD was brutal. I don't think I've ever found a WOD so challenging, maybe because on the whiteboard it looked so easy.

Row 800m
followed by 3 rounds 15-12-10 of:
-pull ups
-power clean 105#

I'm really good at kipping pull ups. I can power clean 115# with ease, not just once, repeatedly, 105# should've been a snap. I don't know if it was the strength work, or the rowing, but after the first round of pull ups, I went to clean that bar and "holy crap" it weighed a ton. I had to drop it almost every rep, I couldn't chain more than two or three together. It was horrible. 13:41

Maybe the flu shot had something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment