Wednesday 11 April 2012

Crossfit log for Wednesday, April 11th

The workout looked easy enough on the board. But wow, it was crazy

But first, for the strength work, we did dead lifts: 4 sets 5 reps. I chose 145#, did well, Isabelle said my form improved dramatically. Gotta be happy with that.





The WOD was 5 rounds for time.
10 pull ups
10 wall balls 20#
10 kettle bell swings 20kg.

By the end of round 2 I felt queasy! But found a groove in round 3. Finished in 9:38.

The big news is that I did it almost completely unbroken, in the last round the first 2 wall balls were off, first one I was too far from the wall, so it didn't hit, and the second one I was too close and hit on the way up while it was still in my hands! Other than that, all pull ups, 5 rounds of 10, unbroken, all kb swings and the rest of the wall balls without stopping.

I am really proud that I was able to string together 10 straight pull-ups even on the fifth round when I was dying. I really didn't want to, but when I got the sixth one, my mind just said, "come on! Last round, you can do this".

This is where the mental toughness of Crossfit comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment