Thursday 5 April 2012

Crossfit log for Thursday, April 5th

Solid workout at Physics this morning.

Rx had a rope climb. I've tried in the past and it's really hard. But last week I saw a video of an older guy talking about how Crossfit changed his life and all that, but at one point they showed him climbing a rope and the technique he used look very intuitive to me, so I gave it a try and lo and behold in a matter of less than a minute I was twenty feet in the air dangling on a rope. It was pretty cool.

Not to say I did Rx, I'm firmly in the blue camp.

Our workout was 15 min AMRAP:
5 toe to bar
5 jerk press
5 front squat
5 burpees
5 v-snaps (hand to toe sit-ups)

I have trouble with my jerk, well anything over head really, because of my poor should/upper thoracic mobility, so I settled on 65# (tried 75# and it wasn't happening).

Tough workout, went 4 rounds and up to 3 front squats. Toe to bar slowed me down a lot, although I touched the bar with my toes every time (didn't settle for knee to chest or knee to elbow) after 2 reps I'd be swinging too much and had to regain control, or stop and start in order to continue.

All it all it was good.

After we did dead lifts. Little bit of improvement on my form
Did 8-5-5-4 @ 155#

No back issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment