Monday 23 April 2012

Crossfit log for Monday, April 23rd

1 rep max clean.

I've been waiting for this one. One of my goals for this year is to clean my body weight. An arbitrary goal, but seems to be a common beginner milestone. I've only recently become able to do a full clean, receiving the bar in a full front squat, so today was the first time I'd put it to the test and see just how much work I have ahead of me.

Managed 123.8lbs. At 115lbs, no problem, first try. Added a 10lbs plate to each side for 135lbs. This was my goal, I felt, for no tangible reason that I should be able to clean 135lbs (looks badass to have the 45# plates on the bar ).

I could get it high enough with a fairly good explosive pull and shrug, but I couldn't get under it fast enough. I tried 5 or 6 times, no dice. So I went back down to 115# and did it again, no problem. I was kinda disappointed, and ready to call 115# my max, but coach Isabelle told me to put a couple of small 2kg plates. Again, first try, no problem. Add two more she says. This one was tougher, but I got it, also first try. I really should've tried for 125lbs, but I was getting fatigued.

At least now I have a starting point.

The WOD was fairly easy. Since I can't really do a push jerk very well, I went lighter and did push press.
5 rounds for time:
5 push jerks (press) 85#
5 pull-ups
5 v-snaps

5:26

Solid start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment