Thursday 3 March 2016

Mobility and accessory log for Thursday, March 3rd

Had a good session at the Y today.

Started with some thoracic mobility drills with the foam roller called t-spine smash with overhead extension bias, using a foam roller as a pivot point and a kettle bell instead of a barbell as counter balance, plus I added a resistance band around my elbows to help keep them locked out.

Rolled my ribs and lats, then did my dumbbell/bretzel drill, on the first try I just couldn't find the floor so I lifted my knees just to see how far I was, and hit the floor right away, I was like a quarter inche from touching before giving up.

The next four reps I was able to touch the ground no problem. 

After that I did some one handed carries with the kettle bell, man that sucks so bad. 

Dave and I also did a couple of handstand drill for fun.

That was enough for mobility.  Then I did some rows on the pulley machine,  8 at 75#, 8 at 135# and 6 at 150#.

And to close out I did some wrist roller, two sets at 17.5# and 3 at 25#.

My forearms were toast after that.

Hit the steam room and a quick shower and was out of there.

Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment