Wednesday 2 March 2016

Accessory and strength log for Wednesday, March 2nd

Snow storm, slept in.  Probably didn't have to, but I did.

Went to the Y at lunch and kicked the pants out of my shoulders.

Did stretching and rolling, on my armpits, intercostals, pecs, lats, everything.

Then I did my super bretzel thing.  Can't find any videos, I may have to make on of my own.   Basically, lying on my side, knees and hips bent at 90 degrees, like sitting, dumbbell in hand extended towards the ceiling.  Bring elbow to ribs and lower behind twisting thoracic spine, keep knees stacked on floor, rotate to end range, trying to touch elbow to floor.  Took me 3 reps to get contact this time  (took me 5 reps at physio). Progress.

Then I did some back squats, after a couple of overhead squats to see if the work helps. Too early to tell.

Did 3 triples at 255#.

Before I left I did some 1 arm overhead carries with a 16kg kettle bell. Trying to pull my ribs down with my obliques, and trying to stay locked out overhead.

Man that was hard!  I guess that's the point.

Attacking the weaknesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment