Thursday 3 March 2016

Crossfit log for Thursday, March 3rd

Overdue for a trip to the box.

Glad I went.  Felt energized afterwards,  was missing that feeling.

Granted it was horrible, but it was gratifying.

Started with 5 x 500m row on 2:00 rest (or as long as it took the guy you were sharing the rower with to finish).

First two were good, but started to hurt the biceps.   Switched my grip to full hand instead of just fingers and recruited my lats more than biceps and got another good round in.

Round 4 I thought had to be our last, I was running out of steam so I sand bagged it only to find I had another round to go. Gah!

Round 5 was better than round 4 but not as good as the first three.

Hard work.

The WOD was interesting, 15 minute AMRAP:

- 1 round of Cindy (5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 air squats)
- 1 hang clean + jerk

start with empty bar, add weight each round.

I had a brilliant plan, hat utterly failed me. Or rather I poorly executed it.

The plan was to increment by 5# per round until the last round and throw as much weight as possible into the last clean and jerk, since only the last weight would be recorded and the lower weight earlier would make more rounds possible.

Well the first part worked beautifully, did 45#, 65#, 75#, 95#, 105#, 115#, 135# getting through 7 rounds.  Started round 7 with 3:00 left on the clock, hurried through, put 185# on the bar, hurried through Cindy round 8, 30 seconds left.  I noticed Kamil get his belt for the last lift.

Thought that was a good idea, but it cost me too much time,  got the belt on dead lifted the bar to the hang, went to clean it and BEEEEEEP, time's up!

I should have gone heavy instead of 135# and just held on for dear life after that. But alas.  My score was 7 rounds + 30 reps and max weight of 135#.

At least I beat Kamil on rounds, but his C&J was 205#!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment